Job and the Practical Struggle
Job is a diagram of the anatomy of the Practical Struggle. A clear path is laid out showing the way closer to that deep relationship with God which we long for. This class answers the question, "Is it practical to be a follower of God?"
- Why do we find more information in the Bible about Searching Faith than any of the other four?
- What was the difference between the way God felt about Job and the way Job perceived God's feelings toward him?
- When you encounter suffering, do you ever catch yourself looking for scapegoats, maybe even blaming God?
- Is there room in your theology to accept the belief that sometimes things happen and it is not anybody's fault?
- Do you believe Job's suffering was pointless? If not, what did he gain from going through this trial?