Develop with BibleTalk.tv Material
Hi, my name is Hal Gatewood and I am the Technology Manager at BibleTalk.tv. If you need help with this API or want to let me know what you've built so I can feature it, please email me at email@example.com.
On this page you'll find all the information needed to interact with the content found on BibleTalk.tv.
BibleTalk.tv materials and API access are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Basic JSON Data
Nearly every page on BibleTalk.tv has a
.json file associated with it.
Let's take the lesson No Fool Like a Rich Fool for our example. The URL for this lesson is bibletalk.tv/no-fool-like-a-rich-fool
and if you add
.json to the end of the URL bibletalk.tv/no-fool-like-a-rich-fool.json you'll receive all the data in a nicely formatted JSON object:
The main sections like Sermons, Bible Classes and Devos are what I consider list pages. The objects have an array of objects under the variable
items. These pages are accessed the same way as other pages with
.json on the end of the URL.
The search page has an included json file. Just put .json on the end as well: https://bibletalk.tv/search/love.json
Here is the data we use to build our official Alexa skill. You can use these to create other apps for different devices or to incorporate into your own skill.
- Main Search (returns one result)
- Play Anything (subsets: Lesson, Devo, Recent Sermon, Item in Series, Latest Lesson, Latest Devo, Latest Sermon)
- Latest Lesson (subsets: Sermon, Bible Class, Devo, Article)
- Watch to Watch (subsets: Sermon, Bible Class)
- Watch to Teach (subsets: Devo, Bible Class)
- Good Book
- What's Next? (subsets: Lessons , Sermon, Bible Class)
- Most Popular (subsets: Sermon , Bible Class, Devo, Article, Most Viewed)